I can’t say that I know how you found my site. Or why. I can’t say WHAT you were searching for or trying to find out – maybe something about health and fitness? Or writing? Or parenting? I don’t know exactly how you found me, or what you hoped to find when you got here, but what I can do is tell you a little about me. I can tell you why I’m here. Who I am. Then maybe that will help you figure out why YOU are HERE.
- First, I’m a lot of things – but crazy blogging mom is just one of them.
- I’m a mother – first and foremost. Greatest joy, toughest job.
- I’m a writer, with pieces published in Huffington Post, Scary Mommy and The Real Deal of Parenting, to name just a few.
- I have a Ph.D. and beyond teaching at the high school and college level, I’m an education consultant for teachers and school and district leaders around the U.S. and around the globe, including Israel, South Africa and Canada.
- I’m a health and wellness coach, and a RRCA certified running coach – avid (though not advanced) yogi, marathoner, and all-around lover of all that keeps me active!
- I’m also a military spouse, a source of great pride but second toughest “job” I have! ❤
This space is dedicated to just one of these rolls in my life, but frankly, one that I am beyond passionate about and so thrilled to be able to share with you!
My journey to a healthier me has been long – and not always easy. In high school and college I was active, in shape even, but had an incredibly unhealthy relationship with food and my own body.
Later in life, even though I thought I had a “handle” on things, I didn’t. Life threw me for some major loops and I was hit hard by anxiety and depression. And I was unhealthy and, for the first time really in my life, was overweight.
I was unhappy. I was more than that, I was miserable. In a lot of ways, I was continuously hitting my “rock bottom” with no way out in sight.
Then I found Beachbody and my whole life changed.
I had support from other women, some of whom struggled with the same things – others who were just on their own journey for their own reasons. We supported one another. We cheered each other on. We lifted each other up when we stumbled.
I was hooked!
Since then I’ve had a baby (now a toddler) and am healthier, happier, stronger (mind and body) and fitter at 41 than I have ever been in my entire life!
I took my running to the next level and started competing in marathons and half marathons. I went through my RRCA coaching certification to help other runners achieve their own success.
And, now I’m part of this amazing team, called Gladiators, where I get to put all my personal experience and certifications and training into practice supporting other men and women, those who were stay-at-home parents, working full-time, or part-time, in all different sorts of careers (attorneys, college professors, doctors, media specialists, personal trainers, teachers, stay at home moms and dads, bus drivers) — all of whom wanted one thing – to be the happiest and healthiest they could be.
Each and every day all of us #Gladiators work in support of our MISSION: to help as many people as possible live their lives by design, finding health, wellness and happiness.